How has your first week of spring been? I started Zumba on Monday and going 3 times a week, have to say on Wednesday was feel so tired after, made me realize I do need exercise & balance in my life. I am 52 years young OMG where have those years gone!! So I am going to be selfish and take 6 hours a week out of my schedule as a business woman & wife for Zumba, the classes are only 1 hour time to drive there and was invited to join some lovely ladies for a coffee after.
When I was pregnant back in 1990 my mum and I would walk 3 times a week near the beach and sometimes a coffee after. As a single parent for 17 years, my first husband and I separated when Corbin was 5 months old. I remember back to then working and not doing any exercise as who would look after Corbin & not much money for gym. We did go to the beach on weekends swimming & having fun. Our favorite place was kingscliffe would pack lunch, buggie boards and go down to the calm waters (safer with a small child). When my son got older & able to stay home by himself my best friend Robyn and I would meet at Coolangatta for a power walk along the beach.
Beautiful memories x
Women we are always so busy putting everyone else first. I understand we do have to be there as a wife & mother and have responsibilities, but come on ladies it is time to smell the spring air.
When was the last time you went for a walk on the beach with the dog (if you have one or come pick up one of my 3) or take the family have some fun, through a ball what every makes you happy.
Our attitude changes from winter to spring, we feel fresh and spring clean the house, our bodies and mind.
Question: What do you want to achieve for YOU in the months of spring?? Come share it with me.
We are what we concentrate on and what we concentrate on grows. Same as we are what we eat, how have you been feeling this week and what fuel have you put into your mouth??
My latest power drink. Miso soup with a tea spoon of fresh tumeric powder. Buy the miso soup in individual packet of 12 at a supermarket, Tumeric powder I got at fresh markets. A great pick me up the tumeric will assist in these areas
Please leave a comment and share my blog with your friends.
The Youthful Queen
The active ingredient in turmeric is curcumin. Tumeric has been used for over 2500 years in India, where it was most likely first used as a dye.
The medicinal properties of this spice have been slowly revealing themselves over the centuries. Long known for its anti-inflammatory properties, recent research has revealed that turmeric is a natural wonder, proving beneficial in the treatment of many different health conditions from cancer to Alzheimer’s disease.
Here are 20 reasons to add turmeric to your diet:
1. It is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent, useful in disinfecting cuts and burns.
2. When combined with cauliflower, it has shown to prevent prostate cancer and stop the growth of existing prostate cancer.
3. Prevented breast cancer from spreading to the lungs in mice.
4. May prevent melanoma and cause existing melanoma cells to commit suicide.
5. Reduces the risk of childhood leukemia.
6. Is a natural liver detoxifier.
7. May prevent and slow the progression of Alzheimer’s disease by removing amyloyd plaque buildup in the brain.
8. May prevent metastases from occurring in many different forms of cancer.
9. It is a potent natural anti-inflammatory that works as well as many anti-inflammatory drugs but without the side effects.
10. Has shown promise in slowing the progression of multiple sclerosis in mice.
11. Is a natural painkiller and cox-2 inhibitor.
12. May aid in fat metabolism and help in weight management.
13. Has long been used in Chinese medicine as a treatment for depression.
14. Because of its anti-inflammatory properties, it is a natural treatment for arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
15. Boosts the effects of chemo drug paclitaxel and reduces its side effects.
16. Promising studies are underway on the effects of turmeric on pancreatic cancer.
17. Studies are ongoing in the positive effects of turmeric on multiple myeloma.
18. Has been shown to stop the growth of new blood vessels in tumors.
19. Speeds up wound healing and assists in remodeling of damaged skin.
20. May help in the treatment of psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.